Thread: Heartbleed exploit forthe Android OS/ Mobile phones, Tablets,. etc

Just 3 stop lights south of the city hospital.

Heartbleed exploit forthe Android OS/ Mobile phones, Tablets,. etc

As I was waken by my cell phone, ringing a notification to a number of emails, i grabbed that damn thing, and was about to toss it across the room.(I was so totally sound asleep,.. omg,.. coma sleep)

But, I did not toss it, but I read the message, and it appears my mobile security, (LOOKOUT mobile), had sent me 3 messages in a row. I was like, "Hmm, better read this".

The message went on to say that, this, "Heartbleed", exploit, has been an can affect the ANDROID operation system to ANYTHING, that is of or based from the Android OpenSSL
    (Open Source toolkit implementing the Secure Sockets Layer)

Halfway awake, I staggered to my pc, and tried to read up on it, on the Lookout website. It then transferred me to "Watchdog.com, and it explained more about it. Here is the Watchdog site :

http://lastwatchdog.com/heatbleed-ex...-guys-exploit/

Lookout asked me to change my password and check my cellphone, by downloading another app,.. They suggested to download Lookout's, Heartbleed Dector, to see if your mobile, tablet ot other Android system has been affected. you can find it on the, Play Store /Google Play Store.

If you find out that your system is indeed infected,. basically, your SOL, unless they come up with a patch to correct this fubar. I suggest to change your password, and just try to find another, "Heartbleed" remover, that they post on the Google store, that may, contain it.

But other than that,.. I don't think there is nothing that , "WE" the paying people of/ to our moible carrier, can do about it. Perhaps ask, beg, sacrifice your new born child, for a patch,.. (no no no, don't kill your children, that be just wrong an stupid, .. forgive me for stating that)!!

McAfee,Bluebox, KS Mobile,.. (whatever your favorite mobile security system, will have some sort of a thing that will tell you if you have indeed, Heartbleed,. and may block it, or at least scan al your system files and apps, and contain it, until there is a "fix", someime in the near future. (ya, cross your fingers,... lol, ya right.

Anyway,. If I find out more information, I will post it.

* Change your passwords,. which is always highly recommended ! (just my opinion,.. do as you wish)

- [RS] Chemo,.. rolling on out to the doctor,.. going to start an steroid IV drip treatment, to help with my neuropathy in my arms, legs, feet and hands- Ah, the joys of getting old. *ya, joys,.. like having chicken pox, and crabs at the same time,. uh, wait, what ? ah hell with it... later Guys !

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you."

" If you can put 2 rounds into the same hole from 25 meters, that's gun control! "

I Failzorz at teh Interwebz BMAsRevenge[RS]'s Avatar
    Dam Chemo are you a magnet for this stuff?

Just 3 stop lights south of the city hospital.
    I take my cell phone to SPRINT, and see if thy can explain this. One person, then lead me to another person,. simply because they were just a day one nob.

So, the so call, manager,. came up, and introduced herself and asked what the problem was. I was showing here a printout i made and (this stating about the exploits of the Android system,.. btw, there are many more than what has been leaked to the public.. (true fact- read below)

Anyway, the manager, ran my cell phone there their, "computer" - just a small little box shaped thing with some small keyboard attached to it. I's guess no bigger than a 8-9 and about 4" thick.

This device powered up my cell phone to a screen I have never seen before and had all these lines of information, and sub catagories. * Maybe Creed and Kendrik, can understand this. But, almost looked alien to me.

After a few minutes,. this manager, did say, "yes, this "heartbleed" is one of the many exploits that the Android system. many are harmless, and there is really nothing one can do, but have a good virus protection on their cell phone, and or tablet, that has an Android OS.

Mine came back "safe". And She said, there is no more she could help me with. It was basically up to, (sense I have an HTC cel phone,). it is up to HTC to put out a patch or some sort of "fix",.. NOT SPRINT, for they just sell their products,. and do not really support each products fubars that come along. Only things that effect "Sprints service and reliability to their customer. ONLY.

So, I'd have to send my cell phone to HTC,. and all that, and it would be really up to them if they would, "FIX" it. And also, sense this phone is now like, almost 2 years old,. the Sprint store manage said it would be better to just upgrade to a different phone, and it would probably be cheaper anyway.

So, in my opinion,. FK Sprint, FK, HTC !! And I demand that whoever makes the Android OS, get their fuzzy head out of their stinking ass, and fix these fubars. Stupid ass commies!!

BUT,.. that will never fk'n happen, so,.. point closed.

Probably just a way the good ol' fk'n U.S. of A is watching over us all, like a herder, watching over flocks of mindless sheep.

* have you ever read all the agreements you have to agree with, when you want to install an app ? Like the ability to read your contacts, read and modify your sdcard,.. take pictures, whenever they want, read your text messages and cell phone calls. YES,. I believe that is "the man',.. making all those fki'n rules up. has to no doubt to that !

SO, were stuck,. always monitored by, "THE MAN". I think the U.S. has been on this "tilt" thing, ever sense the "Cold War" began. Secrets, secrets, secrets. Spying on us, always and all the time. Hell, we all know this is true. It's played of as, "for our of safety of the American citizens". Ya, okay.

They really just want to make sure "we're" not : drug dealers, drug cartels, "jihad terrorists", (or any kind/form of terrorism), weapon dealers (black market this and that), child exploiters, hackers and anything that could cause a harm to "American Society".

Hmm, I ate a whole can of baked beans tonight. So, does that mean my @$$ is going to be a weapon of mass destruction ? *ahahhaha,.. my wife sure will think it will be.. (omg, put my anus on a "BLACK LIST" ... lol)

-[RS] Chemo

* I typed into Bing :" exploits to the Android system " - I got a list,. choice reading, while one is pinching a loaf on the toilet, perhaps.. http://www.bing.com/search?q=exploit...ZI&form=MOZSBR

** I rest my case
    Last edited by Chemo[RS]; 05-06-2014 at 04:35 AM.

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you."

" If you can put 2 rounds into the same hole from 25 meters, that's gun control! "