+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to get The Hidden Source

How to get The Hidden Source

---------Please View Second Post---------

outdated

Go to http://www.hidden-source.com/index.php and download the Beta 4a Client Installer.

All this is by default steam installation

How to run The Hidden Source with half-life 2

1)Run the HSB4a-full.exe you have just downloaded.

2)When it asks you which directory to install it in make sure to it is this. (Your might have to create the folder SourceMods in your SteamApps folder. This is caps sensitive so make sure you do it with the caps.)

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods

3)Restart Steam and game should come up on your game menu.

If your game does not come up on your game menu please see how to run The Hidden Source with Counter-Strike Source located below.

How to run The Hidden Source with Counter-Strike Source

1)Run the HSB4a-full.exe you have just downloaded.

2)When it asks you which directory to install it in make sure to it is this. (Your might have to create the folder SourceMods in your SteamApps folder. This is caps sensitive so make sure you do it with the caps.)

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods

3)Download the file The Hidden.zip i have uploaded

4)Extract the file to your desktop

5)Run that file (it will say starting up Counter-Strike Source so dont get paniced)
    6)Game should start up fine

Note:you can not follow people though steam in this game it says they are playing counter-strike source.

The button will only work if you have steam installed at
    C:\Program Files\Steam\

ps. Pleast do not post here im gana ask rev to make it a sticky so that it will always be here.

If you have steam installed somewhere else please contact me and ill make a special button for you.
    Last edited by Die[RS]; 04-25-2012 at 03:19 AM.

Recently a few of us have started to play this again and incase anyone else decides to give it a try I am adding new info to the thread since it was last updated a few years ago.

1. To run this game you only need to install source sdk and source sdk base 2006 from the tools tab located under library in steam.

2. Download the game from one of the links provided and simple install it.

3. There will also be a link for a map pack below containing ever map that's played as of this post.To install the maps simply extract the map pack to the maps folder for hidden source(Steam/steamapps/SourceMods/hidden/maps) there is also two folders in the map pack that are for customs sounds that are not necessary but can also be installed in the appropriate folders.

4. link for the game from our site
    click here

5. link for the hidden source map pack
    click here

incase you have slow speed downloading try this link for the game from there home page
    click here

meh i dunno clicking links is a bit to much work... maybe if you come to my house, click them for me, install it for me, and play the game for me i might think about playing it a bit.
    "I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker."
    "I pooped a hammer."

Just 3 stop lights south of the city hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tembel[RS] View Post
    meh i dunno clicking links is a bit to much work... maybe if you come to my house, click them for me, install it for me, and play the game for me i might think about playing it a bit.

wow,.. i consider myself lazy...

so,..wtf is ths Hidden thing anyway? do i have to actually read all these threads ? rawr,.. goes back to bed

** okay okay,.. i CLICKED the link that Die put up,.. iz fingered her out...

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you."

" If you can put 2 rounds into the same hole from 25 meters, that's gun control! "

Quote Originally Posted by Tembel[RS] View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Chemo[RS] View Post
    wow,.. i consider myself lazy...

so,..wtf is ths Hidden thing anyway? do i have to actually read all these threads ? rawr,.. goes back to bed

** okay okay,.. i CLICKED the link that Die put up,.. iz fingered her out...

P.S.
    All joking aside yes you can still download it from the link in die's post but make sure its version 4b but that was the whole point of me updating this thread in the first place...to make it as easy as possible to get this game. READ my post the game is easier to set up and gives you less trouble than it did years ago when die posted and I also added a map pack due to the fact that if you play on a server without them and it changes to a custom map you will get disconnected cause it does not let you download it.

P.P.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemo[RS] View Post

iz fingered her
    ummmm what does that have to do with the game?

Just 3 stop lights south of the city hospital.
    idk.. i had too much wine last night,.. and i was wondering why my finger smelled like tuna.

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you."

" If you can put 2 rounds into the same hole from 25 meters, that's gun control! "

+ Reply to Thread